Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Reflections

This is going to be short. Last week was not one I care to reflect on...much. Joe was really sick. We hope he's on the mend now, but we're still waiting on some bloodwork to confirm his infection hasn't spread. He had a grueling trip to the doctor this morning, but he was smiling before bedtime tonight and he ate rice and chicken at dinner, which is unheard of! I'm thinking things will look up tomorrow.

On a sad note, Mark's grandfather passed away this morning. I, personally, did not know him well, but I had the pleasure of spending time with him and Mark's grandmother on several occasions. He was a very kind man and I when I think of him, I think of this picture of him and Mark's grandmother with my grandfather that was taken at our wedding. I remember how welcoming they were to my grandfather at the wedding and how happy they were to be a part of our day. Oddly enough, my grandfather passed away 4 years ago this past week. I think of him often as I'm sure Mark will think of his.

I will end with that and a wish for brighter days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment