Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Creative One...

Mark and I have been blown away by Maggie's artwork recently. Not just the art itself, but the stories that go along with them, or the stories she tells when she's creating something. There are a lot of stories and in that little girl's head!

Recently, at preschool, her class talked about the story of David and Goliath. Maggie came home from school very excited saying "Mommy, do you that big giant Goliath?!". That afternoon, she drew this picture:

David and Goliath

It probably doesn't need much of an explanation, but the big guy on the left is Goliath. And of course that's David on the right standing on the "5 stones". I'm not quite sure if Goliath is holding a stone or catching one that David threw...a little deviation from the story there. But, I know that I was totally impressed when I saw this. Usually when she's drawing a picture like this, she tells a story as she's drawing and often merges characters from her real life into the story. Like "Hey, Caroline, do you know David?....Yeah (Caroline responding), I know that guy...". Cracks me up!

She can get lost in artwork and her own conversations for hours. It is definitely her outlet. Sometimes I have to peel her away to go outside and get some fresh air.

Maggie Coloring

Dragonfly House

I can't help but admit that I would love for her to grow up and be a "creative type". It is fun to think of going to her first art show one day, reading her short stories, or maybe seeing her in a play. Of course, all I want is for her to be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment