Thursday, April 7, 2011

The table needed a little something...

to brighten it up a bit! So, I made these...

Quilted Placemats 1

I had the idea a while back when I was working on my first quilt (yet to be finished...but soon!!). The quilt starts with 9-patches. We have some round placemats from Kohls that I love, so I had the idea to cut a circle from the 9-patch and make patchwork placemats. They are done with fabrics from Denyse Shcmidt's Hope Valley line, which coordinate really well with our new and improved kitchen! I admit I didn't love this fabric line when I first bought some prints from it a year or so ago, but now all of a sudden I love it!

Quilted Placemats 2

I quilted them with straight lines on a diagonal at 1" intervals. I was pretty intimidated about sewing the circular binding on, but it was no big deal at all.

Quilted Placemats 3

The backs are Kona Coal, perfect for spaghetti night. : )

Front and Back

For what feels like forever now, I've been testing myself with smaller quilting projects...potholders, pillows, and now these. I think I'm ready to take on a real quilt now...I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment