Tuesday, May 10, 2011

One for One - KCWC Days 1 & 2

It's Day 2 of the Kids Clothing Week Challenge, and I have finished one skirt for Maggie.  One.  But, it's one cute skirt, if I do say so myself.  I used the Simple Skirt tutorial over on Made.  It really is so simple!  I had to laugh when I saw this post where Dana talked about making one in 17 mins - wow!  I feel like challenging myself now to see how fast I can make one...without distractions of course!


Anyway, Maggie snubbed her nose at the fabrics when I showed them to her last week, but once put together in this cute comfy skirt, she says she loves it!  Score!!  Both fabrics are lightweight - a seersucker on the bottom and a super lightweight swiss dot (??) fabric for the top layer.  I found both at Joanns...score again!  After some debate, and advice from the flickr group, I added the orange bias tape to the hem on the tom layer...so glad I did!
 
Simple Skirt Closeup

I call Days 1 and 2 in which I made one very simple skirt a total success.  Anything to get my girl doing this


Simple Skirt, Twirly Girl 

and this, is worthwhile.  : )


Now, I get a LOT of grief from the boys in this house for not making anything for Joe.  The truth is Joe gets loads of hand-me-down clothes and Maggie does not.  But, I don't want to hurt my little guy's feelings so tomorrow I'm going to attempt to make some shorts for him.  And, if my slow pace continues I might be two for two by the end of this week.  We shall see...

3 comments:

  1. Love the skirt and yes yes yes to the bias tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the double layer and the bias tape... great idea! So happy your daughter loved it - mine got her skirt this afternoon and wouldn't get back out of it! :) What a good feeling as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!
    the orange bias is just the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete