Friday, December 2, 2011

December { One Day at a Time }

I walked into Target on Tuesday to get one thing, and I experienced a scene of people, chaos, and lines that made my heart start pumping.  It was, apparently, the holiday lunchtime madness.  After picking up that one thing, I found myself in the toy aisles scouring for ideas, feeling suddenly panicked that we had not purchased one gift yet.  Then I paused and remembered that it was still November...still November!  This year, more than ever, I feel the need to pause and reflect each day during this busy holiday season.  So, I've decided to try to spend some time here every day this month, reflecting on each day.

Today we put up the tree and decorated.  This tree came home with us from West Jefferson, where we spent a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with family.  Decorating the Christmas tree is such a nostalgic experience each and every year.  Undoubtedly, we all found comfort today in picking up an ornament and recalling the past.       

Joe Buddy

Maggie Tree
   

No comments:

Post a Comment