Monday, May 21, 2012

One Last Morning

With the kids finishing up preschool this week, this morning was my last "me morning" for the year.  It's so funny how much I dreamed of that time to myself.  And, now that the year is coming to a close, I'm so ready for lazy, unplanned, and disorganized summer days. 

I do know that it will be much harder to find sewing time.  So I spent this morning jumping on some new items for my shop.  These pretty patchwork blocks will become a couple of sets of round quilted placemats, like these I made last year.  I'm enjoying putting these together and was thinking that this project would be a great tutorial.  More on that when I finish up these sets!


I've also loaded some new goodies to my shop...as promised, a few aprons and a few Go Anywhere bags (pattern from Anna of Noodlehead).  I made these bags back in January and it has been a challenge for me not to pick one up and start using it.  I absolutely love them!  I love the fact that there are so many pockets to keep things organized.  As I was making them, I was thinking they would be fabulous for storing big knitting or needlework projects too.

Go Anywhere Bags

The aprons are the finale of my Ruby Star Shining sewing (for now!).  I pulled out that teal linen to make some pants for Maggie, laid it down next to some scraps and knew it was destined to be paired with these pieces.  The second apron with the overlay and ricrac is my personal favorite!  Go check it out, if you like. 

Aprons!  

I'm still in that surreal "pinch me" state that I talked about in my post yesterday.  As I was writing that post, my Mom, sisters and I were emailing about getting together for lunch since one of my sisters is picking up and moving south soon.  Somehow we managed to find a suitable day for all four of us in a matter of a couple of hours.  That never happens!  Then today, my little guy got in the car at preschool pickup and told me that he played with two friends in his class and that "he wasn't even shy" and "he just talked to them".  He was so happy and proud of himself!  Totally melted my heart...on his very last day of preschool.    

1 comment:

  1. beautiful job!!! I love all your fabric choices. :)

    ReplyDelete