Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Scrap Challenge

So, this week my sewing time has been spent on a fun little challenge!  A week ago, I learned that Rachel of Stitched In Color picked me to participate in a scrap challenge which involves making something (anything!) from this lovely little bundle.  This "Summer Breeze" bundle comes from Bloomerie Fabrics and includes fat sixteenths in 7 different prints.



The rules of the game?  I can add one additional fabric of my choice, I must use all of the prints in the bundle (but not all of the fabric), and it must be done and featured on my blog by July 8th (Rachel will be featuring all of the challengers' projects on her blog on July 9th).  

I LOVE a good challenge, especially when it involves sewing, so I am absolutely psyched that I was chosen to participate!  Thank you, Rachel and thank you, Bloomerie Fabrics!

I had some immediate ideas of what I would make with these pieces when I first put my name in the hat.  But it all really came together in my mind in the middle of a sleepless night (*sigh*) last week.  It was one of those nights where one kid rolled in and woke me up to be followed by the next an hour later and then a barking dog.  Since I've been pregnant I've had an impossible time falling back to sleep when woken up.  So, on this particular night, I lay awake considering this challenge, configuring little patchwork patterns in my brain and trying on embellishments.  At least something good came of it, I suppose?

I've so enjoyed working with this little bundle!  The colors are quite different from what I am typically drawn to, and I'm finding that to be a welcome change!  My project is going great - here's a teensy sneak peek, hiding behind these beautiful flowers.  I rescued those flowers from our yard, just before the sweltering heat arrives tomorrow (105 degrees!). 

Scrap Challenge Sneak Peek

I can't wait to share what I come up with...stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Love the sneak peek! Can't wait to see the finished project. {Glad you're enjoying the colors, too!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sweltering here today as well. Good thinking to rescue those flowers!

    ReplyDelete