Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Slow Stitching...

Summertime is in full effect here with pool time, museums, play dates, crafts, and all around craziness.  It's fun, I'm loving it.  But, I haven't had much energy to sew at night lately.  So, I started a new project that pairs well with sitting on the couch and re-watching the Friday Night Lights series.

Hexies

I've always wanted to try English Paper Piecing and found a recent pile of fabric screaming to be cut into little hexagons.  The fabric includes some Summersville prints and some colorful Essex linens.  Do you see the two little that I finished?  They will make their way into a quilt for our little girl on the way.  It just so happens that as I was beginning this project Katy announced this quilt along on her blog.  Her Hexy MF quilt (yup, it stands for what you think it does - ha) has always been an absolute favorite of mine - it uses my favorite fabric collection of all time (Little Folks) and it's just so stinking beautiful.  So, quilt along, I shall!  I will be doing a much smaller quilt - baby size.  But, I am going to embrace this slow stitching in the evenings and give my feet and back a break.

By the way, that amazing little zipper pouch holding all my stuff is from Amber's Etsy shop - One Shabby Chick.  She stitches up some fantastic items and is having a great sale right now!  We share the typewriter love.  And speaking of typewriters, I have a bunch of new list-takers in my shop!  These are probably my favorite so far!

List-takers

Now back to some more slow stitching...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment