Monday, July 16, 2012

Plotting and Planning

Writing that post yesterday felt so good.  I had some pent up anxiety and a little sadness from all of the happenins around here.  Maggie's first day of Kindergarten went about as well as we could've hoped!  She didn't give me much info, but she said she wants to go back!

So, this weekend admidst all of the swimming, I got a fun shipment of fabric from Hawthorne Threads.  I thought I'd share some of what I have up my sleeve...

First up, fabric for Custom Kiddo Journals with Pencil Pouches, now listed in my shop!  As my son would say, the first set is for 'da boys' and the second set is for 'da gills' - although, I think they all play nicely together.  I will have a tutorial for these posted by Wednesday as well!  When I dropped Maggie off at school this morning, I noticed that there was a stack of the Mead Primary Journals I made covers for at each table - perfect!

Fabric Stack for Kiddo Journals (Boys)

Fabric Stack for Kiddo Journals (Girls)

This is the fabric I've picked for Joe's quilt.  A stack of Michael Miller's new Cotton Couture for the quilt top and this great City Scene print from Jessica Hogarth's VeloCity line (love!) for the backing.  I'm planning to make a quilt like this one.  Isn't it fantastic?!?!  I know I can't pull of fancy quilting like that, but I really, really love the simple patchwork design.  I think it'll be fun for him but something he won't grow out of quickly. 

Joe's quilt fabrics

I finished Maggie's quilt top over the weekend and am almost done with the backing.  And, I'm slowly chugging away on my hexagons and flowers for the Hexy MF quilt for the new baby.  I think after spending close to 40 minutes in the carpool line waiting to pick up Maggie, I've found a new opportunity to work on them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment