Sunday, July 22, 2012

Seeing Spots


 Vintage Village

New Shelf, Old Favorites

Vintage Dish

Red Chairs Turned Blue


Somehow or another, I managed to get very little sleep this weekend.  Late night storms, late night hunger, those aspects of pregnancy that inhibit one from getting comfortable...they all kept me up.  So, I kind of felt like I was seeing spots, like these snapshots of my weekend (playing with a new app on my iphone called Pictureshow).

At least my exuberant husband kept things productive.  He worked on finishing up our bathroom updates which involved painting, patching, taking down an extremely outdated light fixture to discover the electrical box was 1 foot from the middle of the wall where it needed to be.  Oh, and then there were the three Goldilocks-type trips to and from Homegoods - this mirror is too big, no this mirror is too small, no actually the big one was just right.  *sigh*  And, after all that he painted a set of red chairs we got a while back a bright turquoise blue just because I'm into blue right now.  And, he took the kids to the museum downtown and out for LocoPops.  Keeping the little people happy and check, check, checking things off of our list single-handedly.

Me,  I just wandered around my favorite antique shops.  I found a new shelf for some favorite fabrics and some pretty vintage plates.  I cleaned and did laundry and got groceries and thought about sleep.  Ummmm, that's about it.

And, the kids, well, they did what they do best and tuckered themselves out.

Here's to a new, fresh week...no spots, lots of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment