Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Little Sewing: Clutches

I felt pretty good today, so I did some sewing!  I've been thinking about adding some new clutches to my shop on Etsy, so I tried out a couple of options.

I actually finished this first clutch a week or so ago.  I used the Envelope Clutch pattern by Anna of Noodlehead.  Such a clever, fun pattern to sew!  This fabric is from Khristian A Howell's Desert Daydream collection.  I picked it out a while back specifically for clutches.  I was drawn to the design because it's a bit chevron-ish, but different.  The clutch has a magnetic snap and an inner pocket for a few cards. 

Envelope Clutch

Envelope Clutch Inner

Envelope Clutch Stuffed

I made this clutch using the patchwork chevron strip I came up with last week.  I love this one!  The chevron patchwork is made from Michael Miller's Cotton Couture fabrics and the coordinating outer fabric is Essex yarn-dyed linen in denim.  Love, love, love this stuff!  I also love the bright polka-dot lining and wrist strap. 

Chevron Pouch

Chevron Pouch Reverse Side

Chevron Pouch Inner

I plan to list both of these items in my shop on Etsy, along with some custom clutch options.  I would love to offer the chevron clutch in this design but with different color schemes.  I would also like to offer some other items with a patchwork chevron design - maybe more list-takers or, as suggested by my friend Mary - camera straps (brilliant!).

I've been doing more reading and relaxing (and watching lots of the Olympics) lately, and have been inspired by stories, some meaningful blog posts, and all kinds of good things people are doing out in the creative world.  It has made me think a lot about everything I do in this new creative life I've made for myself.  Perhaps I'll share some of that here soon.  Wishing you all some unexpected inspiration!   

2 comments:

  1. The envelope AND the chevron clutch are so pretty!! I like your fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! Love the shape and of course love the fabric choice {{wink)). Thanks for using Desert Daydreams!

    ReplyDelete