Sunday, November 18, 2012

Two Months


That's Lyla with my friend Stacey who came to visit last week.  You never know what you're getting yourself into when you go to visit a newborn...she got herself into a couple of hours of swaying, patting, and shushing to keep our sweet Lyla happy.  Thankfully, they both seemed to enjoy it.  Did I mention I have the  best friends in the world?  My Mom, Nana, also put some serious time in with our little girl when she spent 3 days with us this month.  She pulled out all of her old tricks reciting old poems she used when my siblings and I were little.
  



This girl...if she is sure about one thing, it is that she likes to spend her days in someone's arms.  She likes to smile too and swing her right arm around over and over again.  And, just the other day she figured out how to get her hand to her mouth...boy did that make her happy.  We call her our little hedgehog, because she has a distinct noisy little grunt (truly, we have no idea what hedgehogs sound like).     

It can be hard at times on this Mom (and her Dad, too)...when she is sleeping peacefully in my arms and someone or something else needs attention - I carefully put her down just to hear her wrestling around and fussing a few minutes later.  I am, unfortunately, one of those people who is distracted by my floors that need vacuuming, or *ahem* makes a ridiculous list of handmade Christmas gifts expecting to just squeeze it all in.  But,  I'm giving in to her warmth and charm and I'm learning to let things go and just hold her while I can.  I know that I will never look back on these days and wish that I had vacuumed.  And, I'm sure I will miss this face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment