Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Field Study Pillow

The number of bright patchwork pieces seems to be multiplying in quilts and pillows around my house.  It's like spontaneous combustion.  I just keep layering them on top of one another and I love it.  It is not a decor I ever would have thought I'd create in our living space, but I have come to love the character all these pieces add to our home.

Field Study Pillow

Just today, I added this festive pillow to our couch.  It uses fabrics from Anna Maria Horner's Field Study collection.  The patchwork is a tumbler design, which I cut using this dresden plate template.  I used my walking foot to quilt a number of large circles over the top of the pillow.  Enough to add some interest, but not distract from the beautiful prints.  The back is another Anna Maria Horner print - from her Loulouthi collection - with a simple envelope closure.

Field Study Pillow Quilting

Field Study Pillow Back

I love how a pillow changes a room.  Quick and easy to make too! 

1 comment:

  1. I just started putting pillows back out in my house. A couple years back we had a cat that enjoyed throwing up on the pillows, especially the tweed ones! So I put them away and out of site. Years later and after that cat had passed, my youngest took to drawing on them. Poor pillows. I'm bringing them out eight years later and the whole room changes!

    ReplyDelete