Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lately

So, Mark has been away since Sunday morning on a business trip...in China!  A long way from here, that's for sure.  When he travels, I usually fret about how I'll manage everything while he's gone.  But, these past few days, I've realized the hard part isn't managing but just how much we all really miss him.  It is so nice to have someone come home to you everyday and I just really miss that!

Anyway, I thought I'd just pop in and share some snapshots of our week.  It has been a nice, quiet week...just the kids and I taking it easy and enjoying each other.  Joe has been going to sleep on the floor, again. He says it's less "scary".

 
Thinks sleeping on the floor is less "scary". Sweet boy...

I bought tickets yesterday for my sister and I to see the Avett Brothers in Georgia in May!  She moved there with her family last summer and I've yet to visit.  I'm so, so, so excited.  We have both seen them before and have been messaging back and forth our favorite youtube videos. 

Waiting patiently for 12 pm to arrive so I can get my tickets!  Alpharetta, GA with my sis - can't wait!!!!!!!!!

After a bit of a break, I got my sewing machine out and made this cute wallet!  I saw it the other day on Amanda's blog, and knew right away I wanted to make one.  I think my old wallet was at least 10 years old and was starting to fall apart.  The pattern I used is called the Have It All wallet pattern by Straight Stitch Society.  It was fun and quick - just worked on it a little each day for a few days.  That is the way sewing goes for me these days.

Sewed myself a new wallet.

I used an Echino print for the main part, and two prints from Field Study and Hope Valley for the inner pockets and zipper pouch.  It really does hold everything! 

Inside: holds everything!

With Mark out of town, I've been doing all of my favorite easy meals for dinner.  Breakfast for dinner is always a favorite in our house.  And, this meal from Trader Joe's is one of my favorites.  I just saute some onion, sliced chicken sausage (the spicy jalepeno is the best, but I do the sweet apple for the kiddos), and this bag of shaved brussels sprouts all together in a skillet.  Quick and delicious.  The biscuits were a hit too.

One of my fave easy TJ meals. The biscuits are a special treat tonight! :)

Lyla is thinking about rolling over, but mostly just hanging out like this with about 3/4 of her body rolled over.  I hope she waits for Daddy to get home!  She is still smiling up a storm - such a happy girl!

This is for you, @mkrynock - so close to rolling over!

I finished reading The Round House and really loved it, although the subject was so dark and sad at times.  I want to read more books this year!  I know it was on my list last year, but this year I mean it.  Next up, I'm starting The Tiger's Wife.

That's about it for life these days.  Mark gets back in a couple days, and I'll be so happy to have us all together again! : )    

1 comment:

  1. Counting down the days to the Avetts!! Sounds like you've been busy while he was gone. I need to put in a request for a wallet...love it!

    ReplyDelete