Sunday, April 14, 2013

Shop Talk

It's been a while since I've posted about my Etsy shop.  First, a few announcements:

:: It's still open! : )
:: I have a few new listings, with sneak peaks throughout this post - a couple of pillow covers, a table topper, and some new list-takers!  Check them out!
:: I'm feeling ready for a SALE!  For the remainder of this month, take 15% off all items using code "APRIL15"
:: I am no longer shipping internationally.  I apologize for this change, but it is just too costly and time consuming for me at this time. : (
:: Please contact me for custom items!  I'm having a blast with custom orders..more on that below.

Patchwork Pillow Covers

Now...It's been almost a year since I opened my shop.  I haven't exactly been the best shopkeeper.  Finding time, resources, and space to keep my shop filled with new fresh items has been really tough.  Family has always been my #1 priority, and these days I'm spending more and more of my time kissing baby toes, playing games with my little guy, listening to my big girl's stories and getting dinner on the table.  I actually feel more balanced than I've felt in a long, long time.

That said, I still LOVE to sew.  And this little shop of mine and the small amount of custom work I do allows me to pursue my hobby.  This year I set a personal goal to be much more intentional in my sewing.  To start and finish projects, to make things with a specific purpose or recipient in mind, to be mindful of my intentions in buying fabric and supplies.  So far, so good! 

Table Topper

I've had some custom sewing orders come my way, both via the shop and personal referrals.  And, I have REALLY enjoyed sewing these items.  It puts such a smile on my face to make *just* what someone wants.  Also, I really enjoy getting to know my customers a bit through the chatting that a custom order entails.  So, keep em coming!        

New List Taker

I hope to continue to add new and different items to my shop on a more regular basis.  In the meantime, I'd love for you to pop over and take a look around.   

No comments:

Post a Comment