Monday, May 6, 2013

Aaaaand, It's a wrap

Whew, what a dreary weekend.  Is it really May because I could swear it felt a bit like February at times.  I finally finished up my last few items from KCW over the weekend.  That "week" of sewing somehow turned into two.  It was great fun and I think I actually made a bunch of things my kids will wear - bonus!  Anywho, these are the last few things I made for Maggie.     

First.  A Geranium tunic for Maggie.  She normally wears a size 6 or 7 but she's tall and lanky, and her measurements matched the 5T, so I thought I'd give it a go.  And, not surprisingly, it worked.  I'm telling you, that pattern gives the perfect fit!      

IMG_3253
I used this black and white dot fabric from Joanns, which is nice and lightweight (and cheap!).  I added purple piping and blue buttons to the back.  I scooped the neckline on both sides so that it might be a little breezier for her.  I also thought it'd be fun if she wanted to wear it reverse but she seems to prefer the buttons on the back. 

ETA: Having a foggy day and forgot to mention some obvious points.  First, I also adjusted the pattern by adding buttons all the way down the back (duh).  Also, I was inspired to use this fabric after seeing it in a couple of other geranium dresses, namely this one and this one.  : )   


Geranium Tunic Back

Next.  Bubble shorts - a pattern by Elegance & Elephants.  These were everywhere during KCW.  I just couldn't resist!  Super cute fun pattern for sizes 6 months-8yrs and easy to follow.  I wasn't totally sure she'd go for them but she seems to like them.  I sewed a size 7/8 in these.  The pockets are huge and awesome.  I told Maggie she can pack all kinds of goodies in those!  I made them with Essex yarn dyed linen in denim - an absolute favorite fabric of mine. 

Bubble Shorts

Last.  This little tank was a super quick sew!  I used the Flashback Skinny Tee pattern and an old shirt of mine that was too small.  I kept the bottom hem and added the pink rib knit to the neckline and arms.  I also scooped the neckline on this one a bit, but probably should have stuck with the pattern as it's a tad too big.  She seems to love it though!  Aww, look at those dimples...

Flashback Skinny Tank

Ok, so I officially caught the kids' clothes sewing bug.  I love having found a few basic patterns that I can use over and over again and that are easy to adjust and customize.  Thanks for following along on this fun challenge!   

No comments:

Post a Comment