Saturday, June 1, 2013

Here We Go...

IMG_3367

IMG_3328

IMG_3385

IMG_3341

IMG_3372

I always think of this post at the beginning of our summers.  It's a good reminder of what summer is all about.  Our summers are a little different now that Maggie goes to year round school.  She gets 5 weeks off and then she starts 1st grade in July.  And, this year for the first time, both kids are alllllll whiny about missing school and their friends.  What the?  Am I not fun enough? ;-)  I suppose I need to step up my game (or plan lots of playdates).

We've all been sharing our hopes and dreams for summer around our house and we even made a list (well, Maggie did).  It is, of course filled with fun things like baseball games, beach trips, hammock swinging, campfires, putt-putt, and lots of homemade food.  Although, my type-A personality is itching to put a multitude of house projects and things to purge and clean and organize on there, I know if there's ever a time to disconnect, it's now.  Even sewing must take a back burner.  For there are bugs to catch and waves to splash in and sandy toes to kiss.  And, not to mention #26 - "Teach Lyla how to crawl".  Happy June to you!    

1 comment:

  1. Priorities always change when the kids are out of school. I've got one going to first grade in July and my preschooler stats kindy that same day. I will sew some for personal solace. But we only have 5 weeks!

    ReplyDelete