Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ramblings

This summer has been a little tough.  I talked to my sister on the phone the other day and when she asked,"why?", I proceeded to rattle off about all of our recent unfortunate circumstances...emergency room visits, broken AC, sick kids, stinky weather.  All of which were (thankfully) insignificant trials of life for us these past couple of months.  But really the tough part of summer for me has been trying to balance the baby with the older two.  We are always working around Lyla's schedule.  We don't do some of the things we might normally do because it just doesn't work for her.  I definitely have a case of Mom guilt.   

Patchwork

Also, it's summer and Maggie is already a month into 1st grade.  She isn't exactly excited about going to school.  Her days run late and when she gets home it's the mad witching hour rush to get everyone fed, homework done, and off to bed.  I'm still trying to figure out this whole year round school thing...do I really like this, is it working for Maggie, is it working for us?  I don't know.

IMG_4267

This week I sent Maggie off to school for the day and Joe off to camp for the mornings.  Everybody had something to do and I had a little time to myself while Lyla napped.  It was so nice.  I made these quilted chair cushions - just some simple patchwork with 3" squares from my scrap bin.  I LOVE sewing on my own time, when I know my kiddos are being cared for or sleeping up above, when I can pour a cup of coffee, turn on some tunes and just create something new.     

Patchwork Chair Cushions

This morning I took these pictures, loaded them onto my computer and sat down to write this post.  As I looked through my recent pictures,  I noticed so few of our life from recent weeks or even months.  I guess I wish we could all just have a little more fun!  These days it's just been hard.  I know my kids are happy, but I guess I'm just yearning to make some real and awesome memories with them.


Done  

I'm thinking an adventure is needed, pronto!  Maybe a day trip or a camp-out in the backyard.  Will keep you posted!  And, if you made it this far, thanks for listening to my ramblings.  

1 comment:

  1. Mama said there'd be days like this but she didn't say there'd be summers like this! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete