Monday, August 26, 2013

The Sally Dress Pattern

I was so honored to have been selected by Shannon of Very Shannon and the ever so awesome blog luvinthemommyhood to test her newest pattern, the Sally Dress.  The pattern was released today (you can get it here or here), so I can finally share my version of this fabulous dress!

Sally Dress-1.jpg

When I originally saw Shannon's Sally Dress, I immediately wanted to sew one.  We are huge Mad Men fans at our house, so I love that the dress was inspired by Sally Draper from Mad Men.  But, the dress speaks for itself, does it not?  The neckline is gorgeous, it is the perfect retro-just above the knee length, and the giant pockets are so fun.  I think what I (and Maggie) love most about this dress is that it has no buttons, no zippers, no elastic.  That's right, Maggie can just slip it on over her head.  She loves the comfort of it and has been wearing it like crazy, which says a LOT.

Sally Dress-4.jpg


The Sally Dress pattern includes a fully lined bodice with three sleeve options - sleeveless, short sleeves, and 3/4 length sleeves.  The pattern is easy to follow and very comprehensive with fantastic diagrams.  I learned some fabulous finishing techniques from this pattern, as Shannon covers every little detail.  Oh, and it comes in sizes 2T-8!  I love when I can get one pattern with a nice wide range of sizes. 

Sally Dress-5.jpg 

I'm looking forward to sewing many more Sally Dresses.  I've been thinking of a new version in corduroy for Fall.  Oh, yes, lots of possibilities for this fun dress!  And, what Maggie likes, Mama likes. :)  Thanks Shannon, for having me test the Sally Dress - I sure had fun!  Want to make your own Sally Dress?  You can find the pattern here!

Sally Dress-7.jpg


Sally Dress-8.jpg 
   

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Laurel!!! I love your version and you were a great tester! Your daughter looks fabulous! Thanks for the sweet post too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dress, pretty girl, pretty pictures! Loving all the blogging you are doing! Catching up on those quilt tutorials now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect fabric choices, she looks so pretty in the dress. :) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the dress, LOVE the model!! She is looking so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love the fabric and those coordinating pockets are great!

    ReplyDelete