Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Autumn Table Runner

Autumn Runner

Autumn Bright

Left Block

Center Block

Right Block

Backing

Guess what? I'm making another Arrow Tail Quilt!  This time for a friend who would like to potentially use it as a photography prop.  I had so much fun choosing a palette of prints for her and was so excited to dive in and get going.  After cutting it all out, I had a pile of pretty scraps on my cutting table plus a few from another project and decided that those scraps needed to become something right away.   

So, I started just cutting and sewing and trimming and repeating in a fun improv fashion until I had a block.  I loved that block, so I made two more, bordered each of them with some natural linen to make each block about 15" square, and finally sewed them together to make this fun little Autumn table runner  (I call it an Autumn runner, but I think it could work all the time).  I quilted the runner with dense straight lines and machine stitched the binding on using this method.

Now I'm trying to decide whether I can bear to part with this lovely little quilt and put it in my Etsy shop.  It sure has brought some life to our kitchen table!  And, I have so many more scraps remaining so I could always just make another, right?

::  Quilt Notes ::

Fabrics used include various prints from Field Study and Hand Drawn Garden by Anna Maria Horner, Chicopee and Shelburne Falls by Denyse Schmidt.  The borders are Kauffman Essex linen in Natural.  The backing and binding is this print from Chicoppee.

Measures approx 14.5" x 42"   

1 comment: