Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Petal Pocket Pillow

Hi Everyone!  Thanks so much for all of the love for my latest quilt.  It truly makes my day to receive comments here, on flickr, or instagram.  I actually have two more Arrow Tail quilts to share, but today I thought I'd break it up a bit and share this sweet pillow I made for Lyla for Christmas.

Lyla's Petal Pocket Pillow

Petal Pocket Pillow All Filled Up

Briar Rose

Envelope Back

IMG_6194.jpg

This one stole my heart!  I ordered a fat eighth stack of Heather Ross's Briar Rose fabric from Sew Love fabrics when it first came out.  I've never really owned an entire Heather Ross collection, so when it arrived I was so excited and meticulously looked through every piece, squealing over the adorable characters and illustrations.  I immediately felt inclined to use it in bits and pieces on smaller projects, such as pillows or fabric baskets, or even little doll clothes (psht...as if I'll ever have the patience for those!).

So, this pillow came to be in the couple of months before Christmas, in those bits of times when I needed a break from working on quilts or a major dose of happy.  I used the Petal Pocket Pillow pattern by Nova of A Cuppa and a Catch Up.  It's a fantastic pattern, with lots of little details and options.  I went with the curved petal version, fussy-cutting many of the Briar Rose prints to feature some adorable scenes.  I stitched the whole petal on by hand and included a line of bright hand stitching on the pillow pocket.  

By the way, the adorable bunny in there is Miss. Zoe Rabbit by Hazel Village, a Christmas gift from her Nana and Pop.  And, that little book was a fabulous pick from her Mimi and Pepa.  Lyla really does have a thing for pillows, so I think she'll love putting little goodies in the pocket or taking this one with her on road trips.  It was a super fun sew, and I'd love to make another one day.   

:::

Pillow Details

Pattern: Petal Pocket Pillow by Nova, A cuppa and a catchup  
Fabric: Petals and Pillow Back are from Briar Rose by Heather Ross; Pocket and Flower Center is from Juliana Horner, available at Joanns; Front Pillow outer is a soft brown linen from Joanns.      

1 comment:

  1. This pillow is absolutely adorable and oh so sweet. And even better is looks so soft and cuddly! I LOVE this idea.

    ReplyDelete