Thursday, February 6, 2014

Progress

Do you enjoy progress posts?  Most of the time I feel like I would rather spend the time finishing something than writing about my progress on it.  But, sometimes when I feel like I'm slowly chipping away at a bunch of different things, it's nice to see how far I've come and remind myself where I've been.

Progress - knit and sewn

Such as this sweater (on Ravelry here), started just after Christmas, knit mostly on weekend nights spent in watching shows with Mark (we are currently back on a Homeland kick).  Only two sleeves left to knit and it fits, it fits, it fits (hurray)! Perhaps the oddest color choice ever on my part, but I love it anyway.  

Antrorse Body done

And this quilt, which I've hesitated to share here (it's a gift).  This one where I finally conquered my fear of half-square triangles and realized that imperfection is all good, that I spent many cold evenings and snowy days stitching during the coldest month I can remember.  All that's left is to bind it, tie it up with string and send it off to it's lovely recipients.    

Snow Day Stitching

Ready for Binding

What are you chipping away at these days?

2 comments:

  1. oh I love the sweater and the quilt, both so much!!!! I really really want to knit that sweater but I think I have to make some mittens first, then try and tackle something bigger. :) Gorgeous color on the sweater, it'll look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both things! Hand-tied quilts are so cozy -- my favorite quilt is a hand-tied one. :)

    ReplyDelete