Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Couple of Raglan Tees

We are at that stage where I can pretty much sew anything for Lyla, slap it on her, and she's good. She, of course, has no concerns for patterns or styles or fabrics or whether it twirls properly...oh, I bet those days are coming. The world is full of so many great patterns and fabrics right now, it's just so hard to pick and choose. But, channeling my inner tomboy, I decided to sew her a couple of Oliver and S Field Trip Raglan Tees. I've been wanting to try out an Oliver and S pattern, and since they released this one as a single digital pattern, I decided to give it a go. I also want to push myself more sewing with knits.

IMG_7076.jpg

I made these two tees with a couple of jersey knit prints from Heather Ross's Briar Rose line for Windham fabric (you can still find both prints here). The blue solid is an organic interlock that I got from fabric.com (here). It's awesome - so soft and a lovely mid-weight. I'll definitely be getting some more. The gray jersey is a Laguna Stretch Cotton Jersery by Robert Kaufman that I also got from fabric.com (here).

IMG_7071.jpg

IMG_7072.jpg

This pattern was fun and easy to sew up. Honestly, I probably spent the most time fiddling with the pockets. I sewed the first shirt for her in 12-18 month size, per her measurements. It's a tiny bit small...still wearable but a bit of a squeeze over her big noggin and a tad short. So, for the second one I sized up to 18-24 months, which is a little big on her, but probably not for long. I didn't do any hemming on either shirt - just left the raw edges on the bottom and on the sleeves. She really won't be wearing them long enough to fuss with that. As you can tell, the printed jersey (Heather Ross fabric) curled at the edges after washing, but the interlock stayed flat. Either way works for me!

I may have full reign over her wardrobe, but asking her to hold still for proper photos is pointless. She's busy! The world is not a place to sit still, unless she's sleeping (and thankfully, she's pretty darn good at that).

Silly Girl

IMG_7022.jpg 
 IMG_7045.jpg

But, every once in a while, I can catch her pausing. Checking things out, still drooling like a sweet little babe. So sweet, this little girl is. I'm excited to sew her some more things this Spring! 

IMG_7049.jpg

IMG_7054.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment