Thursday, June 26, 2014

Fabric Stashing

So, I have been on a bit of a fabric buying kick lately. I've tried hard to resist, but there's just too much greatness coming out right now. *sigh* I like to keep a relatively small stash (I think). I just find way too much of anything to be overwhelming. But, with the kind of summer we've been having, I haven't really been sewing. It's been nice, actually, taking a break to recharge, think about new projects, catch up on blogs, and such. And, I guess I decided it was time to recharge my fabric stash a bit. Mind if I share?


This lovely stack is a fat quarter bundle of Field Day by Alison Glass. Alison taught a class and shared her story with us all at Sew South, and she was such an awesomely delightful and inspiring person. I knew this collection was at the top of my wish list, and I found it for a pretty fab price here. Ever since it arrived, I've been thinking about this amazing Kaleidoscope Quilt I stumbled across on Pinterest. I think it would be a fitting pattern for this set.


Oh, Pretty Potent. I was quite sure I could resist this collection. But, it kept popping up on my Instagram feed and on blogs, and, then, I also read the story behind it. Gosh, what a story. As I've heard so many others say, it's a collection that is astoundingly more beautiful in person. I chose a fat quarter stack of the "by Sea" colorway and I adore it. I have a cool quilt block idea that I think would feature it well, so I'm excited to give it a whirl.    


Sometimes I just pick out some miscellaneous fabrics that I plan to use in different projects, and sometimes they show up and look surprisingly perfect together. That would be the case with this last pile. It's such a fun bright mix. Perhaps for a bag? Or throw a few more prints in the mix for some sort of plus sign or cross quilt? I dunno, its all just nice to look at and consider.     

From left to right: Kona Cotton in flame red, Quilter's Linen in Fresh Dew, Catnip in mint by Lizzy House, Diamonds are Forevor in Green by Made by Rae, Pearl Bracelet in Cosmonaut by Lizzy House, and Banner Days in Tomato by Anna Maria Horner.  


Last week I pulled down this old, and very dirty vintage box, and cleaned it up a bit. It seems like a great spot to store new fabric so I can see it and ponder it a bit while I'm working on other things. And before I dive in and chop it all up!




As much as I would like to dive into some new projects with these goodies, I still have several quilts I started this past Winter and Spring that I want to finish first. So, until then, I'll just sit back and admire them. Hope you enjoyed some pretty fabric today!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing -- I love your new stash fabrics. It's hard to resist! I, too, indulged by getting some Alison Glass Field Day! I am pairing it with her Lucky Penny collection to make her Spectrum Quilt. It was my birthday present to myself. I am ready to cut, but am resisting! All of those colors are so delicious; I'm afraid I'm going to mess something up. I keep saying, "I'll cut tomorrow". I'll let you know when I do. :)

    ReplyDelete