Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Drunkard's Path Quilt Top

Last week, thanks to several looong naptimes, I finished up a quilt top that I began quite a while ago. It'd been a while since I worked on a new quilt, and it felt wonderful!

Drunkard's Path Quilt Top

This one seems so different from my usual quilts (to me at least). I'm honestly not much of a pink person - I tend to love seeing it in others' quilts, but I don't often make it a focal color in my own work. Also, this design, with curves, was totally new to me.


I believe it was the idea of pairing olives and pinks that originally got me going on this quilt. That, and the crazy cool racoons

Closeup Drunkard's Path Quilt Top

I'm excited to finish this one up. I have the perfect flannel (from my stash) for the backing. But, I'm still undecided on the quilting. Originally, I thought I'd just do straight lines, but now I'm thinking about trying a new free-motion quilting design - maybe baptist fans or wavy lines.

Details Drunkard's Path Quilt Top 

This quilt, even with all of it's bright features, just seems destined to keep me warm on a cool Fall night, admidst the crunchy pine needles and mossy wood cuttings. Not that I'm done with Summer or anything! What are you working on these days?

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning. I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flannel as the backing will be sooo perfect! Love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Long naptimes are the best :)

    ReplyDelete