Sunday, August 31, 2014

Prepping for "Angled"

Recently, I signed up to take an online class all about sewing and quilting angles. It's called "Angled" and taught by Rachel of Stitched in Color...and it starts tomorrow! I've been a long time follower of Rachel's blog and an admirer of her work - she always, always wows me with the originality and pure beauty of her work. I tend to be a stubborn, independent learner when it comes to sewing (well, most things really), but this class came along at the right time...when I was yearning for a bit of direction and focus in my quilting. Not to mention, the quilts that we'll be learning are all amazing! I've sewn with angles before, but I don't doubt for a second that I still have a lot to learn...and I have a feeling that I will learn a lot in this class!

Angled Class: Indian Blanket Quilt Plan

The class includes 5 quilts total, but I plan, or hope, rather, to make 2 over the course of the next couple of months. Today, I pulled some fabrics and started planning for the first quilt, "Indian Blanket". I'm envisioning a Fall picnic blanket...something I can throw down at soccer practice or for a picnic in the crunchy leaves. I picked some bright striking reds, some deep blues, and mustard yellows, along with a bunch of low volume cream and white prints.

Angled Class: Indian Blanket Quilt 

I LOVE that Rachel included coloring sheets for each of the quilts. Particularly since Maggie came over and volunteered to do the coloring for me - score! If all goes well, I might take a shot at hand quilting this one. So, if you'd like...stay tuned...I plan to check in here and keep you all posted on how things are going!  

1 comment:

  1. My daughter has signed up for this class too. She plans (hopes) to just accomplish one quilt at this point- she has a twelve month old. It will be fun to watch the progress of both of you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete