Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Escaping








It tends to be the routine parts of our days that are the most challenging...the morning rush, the after-school vortex (as my friend recently referred to it), the nap time battles, and the mealtime battles...oh, those are the hardest for us, lately. And, then, there's just the simple challenge of life at home with a strong-willed and quite loud 2-year old. Whew. I don't think I'll go there in this post.

I have been sewing a lot less lately, and trying to leave my free time more open for outings like this one. It's amazing how grounding it can feel to escape and tune the world out, even for just an hour. It can be so nice to venture out with just the older two. We can listen to good music in the car, make some halfway decent ground on a trail, and stop for a treat without a peep or complaint. As we wandered down the trail on this beautiful winter day, I realized that it was one of the easiest hours I had spent with my children all week. And, filled with the best conversations. So, so good.      

1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember those days with two older children and a much younger one. And now I'm on the flip side with the youngest being the only one left at home and that coming to and end rather quickly. It's good to take time with each "age group" separately sometimes.

    ReplyDelete