Monday, February 15, 2016

Bluebird Poolside Tote

I knew when I made my first Poolside Tote that it wouldn't be my last. This pattern by Anna Graham of Noodlehead is one of my favorites. It's a fun one to put together and makes a super functional bag. I especially love the shape and all of the details Anna has added to the pattern. 


The exterior of this bag features a fun print from Cotton and Steel's recent Bluebird collection. I'm slightly obsessed with this collection of blue fabrics (more on that soon). To me, this print screams summer, pool time, beach, and sunny travels. This particular fabric is printed on an unbleached cotton, which gives it a lovely natural look. Since it's a lighter weight cotton, I basted canvas to each of the exterior pieces. This adds some sturdiness and weight to the bag. It's just a bit on the floppy side, but I kind of like it that way.    


The handles of the bag and the interior are yarn-dyed Essex linen in black and chambray. The accents are Cloud9 Fabric's Cirrus Solids in Coral (which I was ecstatic to discover at Joanns!!). I interfaced all of these fabrics with Pellon SF101.


This bag is so roomy and can hold so much! I included a little leather clip on the interior for those keys that tend to disappear.



This bag was a gift for my friend Kendra's 40th birthday. This is the year my closest friends (and I) turn 40 (I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that one) and I decided I wanted to sew something for each of them. Maybe Poolside Totes for everyone and then a group trip to the beach! Sounds pretty perfect to me!



5 comments:

  1. so so pretty! I want one just like it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! Looking forward to making many more. : )

      Delete
  2. I love this bag! The pink is such a good combination. It's so cool that it changes the entire apperance of the bag!
    Greetings from Germany,
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing
    หนังเกาหลี

    ReplyDelete